Looking forward to the future, Python’s popularity is skyrocketing. For programmers, it is a good time to think about new skills they want to acquire to get themselves updated with the current python development trends. Tech Giants like Facebook and Amazon completely rely on Python to develop and maintain their apps, making it a most powerful language ahead of time.
The language provides a complete solution based on cutting edge technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence. In very less time, Python becomes a reliable, easy to use, and highly-flexible language to create all kinds of projects in less time with not so complex coding
Python is put to use mainly for
- 38% Data analysis
- 26% Web development
- 16% DevOps/system administration
- 12% Machine Learning
- 8% Webparsers/ scrapers/ crawlers
Factors making python a boom in demand nowadays
1) Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence have become a very hot topic for the IT industry and are still in the growing phase to come with newer and better discoveries in the future.
2) Data Science Libraries
- Numpy: It is intended for processing large multidimensional arrays and matrices, and an extensive collection of high-level mathematical functions and implemented methods.
- TensorFlow: A Python library used to generate Deep Learning models directly or by utilizing wrapper libraries that analyze the process developed on top of TensorFlow.
- Scikit-Learn: A free software machine learning library for the Python programming language that emphasizes several classifications, regression and clustering algorithms.
- Keras: An open-source neural-network library, competent of working on top of TensorFlow, Microsoft, or PlaidML. Allows fast experimentation with deep neural networks.
- PyTorch: Specifically, a machine learning library for the programming language Python, utilized for applications such as deep learning and natural language processing.
What is the most preferred framework for web development
- Django: Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
- CherryPy: An object-oriented web application framework using the Python programming language.
- Pyramid: Lightweight Python web framework aimed to take small web apps to big web apps.
The most preferred Framework for Test Automation
- Robot: It is a Python framework compatible across all platforms – Windows, MacOS or Linux.
- Pytest: Another top Python test framework for test automation.
- Lettuce: Focuses on the common tasks of behavior driven development, making the process simpler and entertaining.
Operating System mostly preferred by Developers
- 49% Windows
- 19% MacOS
- 32% Linux
Most Preferred Cloud Platform
- Google App Engine
- Microsoft Azure
The above python development trends proved that In the near future, Python will become the main language used for most development needs and a favorite choice for most developers.